April 9, 2015 @ 7:15 pm PDT - 9:00 pm PDT
Strengthening Mindfulness – A series dedicated to cultivating genuine insight.
This series will expand on instructions offered in basic mindfulness courses, offering new depths of understanding, integrating the practice with life situations, and helping students establish a daily meditation practice. Mindfulness training is a practical tool that can support wisdom in any activity, and it is at the heart of Buddhist meditation leading to direct realization that frees the mind from suffering.
Topics will vary in each Strengthening Mindfulness course, and may include:
- April 9 – The ‘Presents’ of Mindfulness with Janetti Marotta
- April 16 – Speaking Mindfully, Listening Compassionately with Carolyn Dille
- April 23 – Full Awareness with Shaila Catherine
- April 30 – Heavenly Messengers: Mindfulness of Pain, Illness, and Death with Kim Allen
- May 7 – Mindfulness of Emotions and Feelings with Chris Clifford
- May 14 – Community Practice: Sitting and Walking Meditation with Sharon Allen
This series is appropriate for new and seasoned practitioners. Newcomers may experience it as a practical introduction to mindfulness. More advanced practitioners will have the opportunity to refine their meditative skills.
Everyone is welcome. No registration is required. Chairs are provided, but bring a sitting mat and cushion if you prefer to sit on the floor; it is not carpeted.
IMSB relies upon the generosity of participants to support our teachers and cover organizational expenses. Dana is a word in the ancient Pali language that describes donations, offerings and generosity. Two bowls will be available at an event to practice dana for the teacher and IMSB; we encourage you to give joyfully and generously, according to your resources and means. IMSB is a 501(c) (3) organization. All donations are tax deductible as permitted by law.