Dear IMSB community,
As we work together to meet the COVID-19 challenge with mindfulness and wisdom, IMSB remains committed to the health and well-being of all. We have modified our programming; some events have been cancelled, or converted our into online programs. Since the cornoavirus presents us with a rapidly evolving situation, please check our website for updates prior to attending any IMSB events. Any cancellations will be posted on our EVENTS CALENDAR.
Dhamma Talks Available To Support Your Daily Practice:
If you are “sheltering in place” at home, this could be an opportunity to strengthen your daily meditation practice and listen from our library of dhamma talks. https://imsb.dharmaseed.org/talks/
See our schedule for the latest information.
- No in-person events will take place until at least July.
- All residential Retreats with Shaila have been cancelled from March until mid-August. Residential retreats beginning in mid-August are accepting registrations. Please plan ahead and trust that deposits will be returned if those retreats must be cancelled due to prolonged Covid-19 precautions. Currently we anticipate holding in-person retreats beginning mid-August with restrictions that include limited number of participants, social distancing, private rooms, wearing masks, daily temperature checks etc.
- Our online courses continue as scheduled. In-depth online courses led by Shaila Catherine are listed on the bodhicourses.org website. In addition, we have moved several local programs into simple online formats, and added at-home online retreats to the calendar.
New Online Programs Offered:
- July 17-19. An at-home online retreat with Shaila Catherine. Mirror of Mindfulness: Knowing Your Own Mind. Registration is required.
- Thursdays, May 21 – June 25. A 6-week introduction to sutta study through famous Buddhist similes. Late registrations are still accepted!
Programs with Changes:
- Tuesday Drop-In Meditation Group has been moved to an ONLINE FORMAT with teachings by Shaila Catherine and guest teachers until we can resume meeting in-person in Mountain View.
- Thursdays May 21 – June 25 course has been converted into a online format. Learning Through Examples: Images, Illustrations, and Similes in the Discourses of the Buddha. Register Now!
- April 14. Author Event, The First Free Women: Poems of the Early Buddhist Nuns with Matt Weingast has been rescheduled as an online program Tuesday, June 2.
- Wednesday Sutta Study Group is cancelled at least through June. Participants are asked to join the Monday online sections.
- Saturday Day of Meditation in Los Altos have been cancelled at least through June. When we begin meeting again, we will limit attendance, open windows, and sit 6 feet apart to maintain the recommended social distance. The day will not include a potluck meal, so please bring a bagged lunch.
- The Young Adults Group and monthly Beginners Orientations have been cancelled until further notice.
- The Friday Sutta Study Group has been cancelled at least through June. Class members are encouraged to attend the online group instead.
Wishing for the health, peace, and well-being of all,
The Board of IMSB