Last updated Sep 30, 2020
Dear IMSB community,
As we work together to meet the COVID-19 challenge with mindfulness and wisdom, IMSB remains committed to the health and well-being of all. We have modified our programming; some events have been cancelled or converted our into online programs. Since the cornoavirus presents us with a rapidly evolving situation, please check our website for updates prior to attending any IMSB events. Any cancellations will be posted on our EVENTS CALENDAR.
Dhamma Talks Available To Support Your Daily Practice:
If you are “sheltering in place” at home, this could be an opportunity to strengthen your daily meditation practice and listen from our library of dhamma talks. https://imsb.dharmaseed.org/talks/
See our schedule for the latest information.
- Most residential retreats in 2020 have been cancelled. The following retreats at centers that offer private accommodations and can support social distancing remain open for registration. These will be very small retreats, and face masks and other precautions are required.
- January 19-29, 2021. Loma Mar, California
- June 28 – July 8, 2021. Atlanta, Georgia
See our Retreat Schedule for application details.
New Online Programs Offered:
- October 23-25, 2020. An at-home online retreat with Shaila Catherine. Exploring Mindfulness of the Body and the Four Elements. Registration is required.
- January 1, 2021. New Year’s Day of Meditation with Shaila Catherine. Start the New Year with Clarity of Mind and a Peaceful Heart.
Programs with Changes:
- Tuesday Drop-In Meditation Group in Mountain View has been moved to an ONLINE FORMAT with teachings by Shaila Catherine and guest teachers.
- Thursday Classes in Saratoga were held online from March – August. We will take a brief break and resume the classes again in the late autumn or winter. Watch for announcements.
- Saturday Day of Meditation in Los Altos have been cancelled at least through December. When we begin meeting again, we will limit attendance, open windows, and maintain the recommended social distance.
- The monthly Young Adults Group and Beginners Orientations have been cancelled until further notice.
Wishing for the health, peace, and well-being of all,
The Board of IMSB