Thursday Dhamma Classes in Saratoga-San Jose
- 7:00 Doors open
- 7:15 Class program
- 9:00 Closing
Westhope Presbyterian Church
12850 Saratoga Ave
Saratoga CA 95070 map
Just 2 blocks off Highway 85 at the Saratoga Avenue exit. At the edge of San Jose.
This Thursday evening meditation program serving San Jose-Saratoga-Cupertino-Los Gatos began in January 2015, initially as a sitting group that emphasized the development of mindfulness meditation practices.
In 2017 the program developed into a dhamma classroom offering in-depth courses throughout the year on the development of mindfulness skills, compassion and loving kindness trainings, and Buddhist teachings. The 2017 Thursday evening program is structured in back-to-back thematic courses led by Shaila Catherine, Sharon Allen, Kimberly Allen, Robert Cusick, and additional guest teachers. Registration is usually required for these courses. Between the series courses there are periodically drop-in open evenings for Deepening Practice and Community.
The courses are designed to enable groups of meditators to delve deeply into topics related to mindfulness, concentration, meditation, and Buddhism with the guidance of local experts and teachers. Beginners will find valuable introductory meditation courses, and advanced practitioners will appreciate the wide array of inspiring and informative topics.
For more information visit Thursday Meditation Group.
Course Topics Include:
- Cultivating Mindfulness
- Developing a Kind Heart of Compassion and Loving Kindness
- Strategies for Establishing a Strong Daily Practice
- Overcoming Obstacles to Meditation
- Fundamental Buddhist Principles
- Awakening with Aging, Illness, and Death
- Social Action and the Dhamma
- Strategies for Overcoming Distraction and Restless Thinking
- Explorations of Right Speech
- Mindfulness in the Workplace
- Cultivating Tranquility and Concentration
- Working with Emotions in Meditation
- Ethics, Actions, and Virtue
- Cultivating Joy
- Liberating Reflections On Death
Visit the Events Calendar for dates and more information about particular courses.