Ten Perfections (paramis)
November 3, 2016 @ 7:15 pm PDT - 9:00 pm PDT
An event every week that begins at 7:15 pm UTC on Thursday, repeating until January 12, 2017
A series for developing the best of mind and heart.
Many powerful wholesome qualities are nurtured in the contemplative life. This series will explore the ten perfections (paramis) that support the path of awakening, and bring joy and harmony into our daily lives. These beautiful qualities are accessible to everyone, at every stage of our path, however, they are believed to have been perfected by the Buddha through his countless lifetimes as he strove to realize the ultimate perfection of Buddhahood. This series will provide a closer look at each of these respectable qualities to enable us to more fully develop them in our lives.
- November 3 – Generosity with Drew Oman
- November 10 – Loving-kindness with Kimberly Allen
- November 17 – Renunciation with Shaila Catherine
- November 24 – Thanksgiving (no meeting)
- December 1 – Patience with Sharon Allen
- December 8 – Virtue with Shaila Catherine
- December 15 – Truthfulness with Shaila Catherine
- December 22 – Determination with Chris Clifford
- December 29 – Energy, effort with David Cohn
- January 5 – Equanimity with Shaila Catherine
- January 12 – Wisdom with Berget Jelane
Read teacher biographies on our Teacher Page.
Everyone is welcome. Chairs are provided. Bring a cushion and mat if you prefer to sit on the wood floor.
IMSB relies upon the generosity of participants to support our teachers and cover organizational expenses. Dana is a word in the ancient Pali language that describes donations, offerings and generosity. Two bowls will be available at an event to practice dana for the teacher and IMSB; we encourage you to give joyfully and generously, according to your resources and means. IMSB is a 501(c) (3) organization. All donations are tax deductible as permitted by law.