Participants should be willing to:
1. Maintain a daily meditation practice.
2. Participate in our monthly day-long meditation programs (9:30 am – 6:00 pm).
3. Have an individual consultation with the teacher 2-3 times during the year either in-person or on the telephone.
4. Participate in periodic discussion groups, most often during the last hour of each day-long program (between 5 and 6pm).
5. Have the intention to attend one residential retreat with Shaila during the year.
Registration Process, Fees, and Dana:
Follow registration instructions on the Event Listing. [Note: There is no current event listing for Walking the Path.]
The registration fee is intended to establish a commitment and facilitate our registration process. These funds will be used for IMSB retreat scholarships.
IMSB relies upon the generosity of participants to support our teachers and cover organizational expenses. Dana is a word in the ancient Pali language that describes donations, offerings and generosity. Two bowls will be available at an event to practice dana for the teacher and IMSB; we encourage you to give joyfully and generously, according to your resources and means. IMSB is a 501(c) (3) organization. All donations are tax deductible as permitted by law.
Everyone is welcome. Chairs are provided. Bring a cushion and mat if you prefer to sit on the floor; the floor is not carpeted.
For more information contact path.
Co-Sponsored by Bodhi-Retreats and Insight Meditation South Bay
Previous WTP Course Themes:
- Walking the Path 2017 focused on Perspectives on the Experience of Awakening.
- Walking the Path 2015 focused on Mindful Investigation.
- Walking the Path 2014 focused on the Four Satipatthanas.
- Walking the Path 2013 focused on Practice for Awakening.
- Walking the Path 2012 focused on Cultivating Concentration.
- Walking the Path 2011 focused on Prosperity, Material Things, and Lay Life.
- Walking the Path 2009 focused on the Noble Eight Fold Path.