November 17, 2015 @ 7:30 pm PST - 9:00 pm PST
A six week series with Shaila Catherine
This series will introduce five factors that intensify concentration and support the deeply blissful states of meditative absorption, called jhana. We will examine the powerful role that right concentration plays in the path of awakening, and discover ways to strengthen our capacity to focus attention.
- November 17 – Cultivating Five Factors that Support Concentration
- November 24 – Applied Attention
- December 1 – Sustained Attention
- December 8 – Joyous Interest and Rapture
- December 15 – Pleasure, Happiness, and Contentment
- December 22 – A Focused and Unified Mind
Everyone is welcome. Chairs are provided. Bring a cushion and mat if you prefer to sit on the floor.
IMSB relies upon the generosity of participants to support our teachers and cover organizational expenses. Dana is a word in the ancient Pali language that describes donations, offerings and generosity. Two bowls will be available at an event to practice dana for the teacher and IMSB; we encourage you to give joyfully and generously, according to your resources and means. IMSB is a 501(c) (3) organization. All donations are tax deductible as permitted by law.