Fundamental Buddhist Principles with special guest Bob Stahl
August 6, 2015 @ 7:15 pm PDT - 9:00 pm PDT| By Donation.
A series for those curious about what the Buddha taught.
Buddhist tradition offers a rich tradition of wisdom teachings, many of which are remembered as lists. This series will focus on the philosophy, principals, practices, and instructions that are fundamental to developing a meditative or Buddhist practice. It is intended as an introduction to Buddhism series, with an emphasis on the primary teachings that guide meditators to a liberating understanding of the mind, world, and life.
- July 9 – Buddhism: A Brief Overview with Shaila Catherine
- July 16 – Noble Eightfold Path with Robert Cusick
- July 23 – Four Qualities that Protect Awakening with Shaila Catherine
- July 30 – Three Characteristics with Kim Allen
- August 6 – Three Poisons with Bob Stahl
- August 13 – Emptiness & Non-self with Renee Burgard
- August 20 – Community Practice: Sitting and walking meditation with Janet Taylor
Read teacher biographies on our Teacher Page.
Everyone is welcome. Chairs are provided. Bring a cushion and mat if you prefer to sit on the wood floor.
IMSB relies upon the generosity of participants to support our teachers and cover organizational expenses. Dana is a word in the ancient Pali language that describes donations, offerings and generosity. Two bowls will be available at an event to practice dana for the teacher and IMSB; we encourage you to give joyfully and generously, according to your resources and means. IMSB is a 501(c) (3) organization. All donations are tax deductible as permitted by law.