Half-Day Meditation in Los Altos, CA
May 27, 2023 @ 1:30 pm PDT - 4:30 pm PDT| Free – $100.00
A meditation program with Shaila Catherine
This half-day meditation program will nurture the development of mindfulness, concentration, and full awareness in activities. We teach classic Buddhist approaches that enhance attention skills, bring mindfulness to meet the everyday experiences, and cultivate deep calm and liberating wisdom.
The program will include sitting and walking meditation, and meditation instructions. There may be opportunities for individual meetings with the teacher. This half-day program is appropriate for new and experienced meditators.
Reserve your spot!
Choose a ticket below to reserve your seat. The ticketing process will allow you to make a donation online to avoid cash handling at the event. You will be required to agree to follow COVID-19 precautions and to provide location information for contact tracing purposes.
If attendees arrive without a reservation, they may be admitted as space permits. We will gather contact tracing information and COVID precaution agreement on site.
This event is appropriate for newcomers as well as experienced practitioners. The program includes silent or guided meditation and teachings.
- Always bring a face mask to our events. Assume that face masks are required when indoors, but in certain conditions we may announce that masks are optional.
- We will seat the speaker at least 12 feet from the attendees. To support hearing and understanding of the talk, the speaker may not wear a mask while teaching.
By taking a ticket below you are stating that you are fully vaccinated and that you agree to:
- wear a face mask in all indoor spaces unless an announcement relaxes this requirement. We currently require masks whenever weather requires the closing of doors and windows or when we cannot maintain a 6 foot distance between seats. When ventilation is good and we have adequate distance between seats, we may announce that masks are optional.
- only attend if you feel healthy and have no symptoms of illness;
- try to maintain a social distance between people whenever possible;
- contact IMSB at sit if you become sick within a week of attending one of our in-person gatherings.
Please note: IMSB will maintain information for possible contact tracing. We will use the billing address entered during the ticketing process for that purpose. We will include this contact information on IMSB’s mailing list; you may unsubscribe from our list at any time.
What to Bring:
Wear clothing that is suitable for the outdoor temperatures on the day of the event. Bring a blanket, shawl, scarf, sweater, or whatever you like to stay warm since we will maximize ventilation by keeping the doors and windows open during the event. The floor is not carpeted. Bring a mat or cushion if you want to sit on the floor. Standard folding chairs are provided.
IMSB relies upon the generosity of participants to support our teachers and to cover organizational expenses that continue whether we are meeting in-person or online. Dana is a word in the ancient Pali language that describes donations, offerings, and generosity. We encourage you to give joyfully and generously, according to your resources and means. You may include your donation with your ticket selection, give gifts of cash or checks through the baskets at the event, or donate online via credit card, Paypal or Network For Good through our Donate Now page. IMSB is a 501(c) (3) organization. Donations are tax-deductible as permitted by law.