Walking the Path 2016-2017 – six month program
September 24, 2016 @ 9:30 am PDT - 6:00 pm PDT
Walking the Path 2017
Perspectives on the Experience of Awakening
A six-month program
with Shaila Catherine
Saturday, September 24, 2016 – Saturday, February 11, 2017
9:30 am – 6:00 pm
Nourish the resolve to deepen your spiritual practice!
WALKING THE PATH is a six-month program designed to intensify your personal meditative path and integrate dhamma wisdom in everyday life. This program gathers a group of committed practitioners to work more closely with Shaila during the year, strengthen community, and receive personalized guidance. The program includes monthly day-long retreats, private interviews, group discussions, readings, and the intention to attend one retreat with Shaila.
This year’s Walking The Path theme is inspired by a book of interviews about experiences of awakening.
Realizing Awakened Consciousness, by Richard Boyle
Cost for the book is included in the registration fees. Book will be mailed after registrations are processed.
PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BE WILLING TO:
- Maintain a daily meditation practice
- Participate in our monthly day-long meditation programs in Saratoga or Los Altos (9:30 am – 6:00 pm).
- Have an individual consultation with the teacher 2-3 times during the year either in-person or on the telephone.
- Acquire and read the assigned book; and participate in the discussion groups that are usually held during the last hour of each day-long program in Saratoga or Los Altos (5:00 – 6:00 pm). We will send you the book after registrations are processed. If you already have a book, or prefer to get a Kindle Version, please let us know so that we do not ship a paperback for you.
- Try to attend a retreat with Shaila during the year.
The registration fee is $150. You may pay by check, credit card, or Paypal. Registration fees are non-refundable.
The registration fee is intended to help participants establish a commitment and facilitate our registration process. Funds beyond the cost for the book will be transferred to IMSB’s Retreat Scholarship Fund and used to help members with financial need deepen their practice at IMSB retreats. Donation/Dana Baskets for Teacher and Organization will be available at events.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME. Chairs are provided. Bring a cushion if you prefer to sit on the floor.
IMSB relies upon the generosity of participants to support our teachers and cover organizational expenses. Dana is a word in the ancient Pali language that describes donations, offerings and generosity. Two bowls will be available at an event to practice dana for the teacher and IMSB; we encourage you to give joyfully and generously, according to your resources and means. IMSB is a 501(c) (3) organization. All donations are tax deductible as permitted by law.