Beautiful Mind – Five Faculties
September 22, 2016 @ 7:15 pm PDT - 9:00 pm PDT
Nurturing the best in ourselves.
This series will explore the five spiritual faculties and their cultivation in meditation: faith, energy, mindfulness, concentration, and wisdom. The Buddha stressed the importance of these controlling faculties and powers, which offer a complete structure for meditative development and culminate with final liberation. They are necessary features of meditative progress that can be undertaken as a sequential training or as a finely balanced system of wholesome forces.
- August 18 – Faith with Shaila Catherine
- August 25 – Energy with Shaila Catherine
- September 1 – Mindfulness with Robert Cusick
- September 8 – Concentration with Shaila Catherine
- September 15 – Wisdom with Chris Clifford
- September 22 – Meditation and Community Meeting with Sharon Allen and Shaila Catherine
Read teacher biographies on our Teacher Page.
Everyone is welcome. Chairs are provided. Bring a cushion and mat if you prefer to sit on the wood floor.
IMSB relies upon the generosity of participants to support our teachers and cover organizational expenses. Dana is a word in the ancient Pali language that describes donations, offerings and generosity. Two bowls will be available at an event to practice dana for the teacher and IMSB; we encourage you to give joyfully and generously, according to your resources and means. IMSB is a 501(c) (3) organization. All donations are tax deductible as permitted by law.