Morning Event: Meditation, Service, and Gardening
March 7, 2015 @ 9:00 am PST - 12:00 pm PST
Compassion for our natural world deepens our awareness of our connection with all living things. This morning program will combine silent meditation with simple gardening tasks as we explore our senses (sight, smell, sound, and touch) while interacting with the plants in the gardens at St. Timothy’s Church.
This event is IMSB’s annual opportunity to lend a hand by helping to beautify the grounds of our meeting site at St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church.
• 9:00-9:40 Meditation in Room 1
• 9:45-11:10 Mindful gardening and grounds projects
• 11:15-12:00 Meditation in Room 1
*Meditation sessions will most likely take place in Classroom #1, but location might shift to another room as grounds projects develop. A sign in the courtyard will point you to the correct room.
Bring: If you have pruning shears, garden gloves, or trowels, please bring them along.
• Everyone is welcome.
• Participation by IMSB volunteers is much appreciated.
• It is appropriate for both new and experienced practitioners.
• Please wear comfortable clothing for sitting and gardening.