Speaker Series – Eight Great Thoughts
March 10, 2015 @ 7:30 pm PDT - 9:00 pm PDT
Eight Great Thoughts: An 8-week speaker series based on Anuruddha Sutta.
- March 10 — Fewness of Wishes—with Misha Merrill
- March 17 — Seclusion—with Carla Brennan
- March 24 — Contentment—with Jason Murphy
- March 31 — No meeting this evening.
St. Timothy’s Church community will be having an event in our usual meeting space. We will resume meeting the following week.
- April 7 — Energetic Effort—with Ines Freedman
- April 14 — Mindfulness—with Janetti Marotta
- April 21 — Concentration—with Shaila Catherine
- April 28 — Wisdom—with Nona Olivia
- May 5 — Non-proliferation—with Jennifer Dungan
Click here to read Speaker biographies.
This speaker series is inspired by a delightful ancient discourse that identifies eight thoughts of a great person (Anguttara Nikaya 8:30 Anuruddha Sutta). To explore this profound though rarely discussed list of admirable qualities, IMSB has invited eight different meditation teachers to each address one of these great thoughts and elucidate its relevance for modern lives.
Everyone is welcome. No registration is required. Chairs are provided. Bring a cushion if you prefer to sit on the floor.