Walking the Path 2015 – Six-month program
September 19, 2015 @ 9:30 am - 6:00 pm| $140
Walking the Path 2015
Investigation and Mindfulness
A six-month program
with Shaila Catherine
Saturday, September 19, 2015 – Saturday, February 20, 2016
9:30 am – 6:00 pm
Nourish the resolve to deepen your spiritual practice!
WALKING THE PATH is a six-month program designed to intensify your personal meditative path and integrate dhamma wisdom in everyday life. This program gathers a group of committed practitioners to work more closely with Shaila during the year, strengthen community, and receive personalized guidance. The program includes monthly day-long retreats, private interviews, group discussions, and the intention to attend one retreat with Shaila.
This year’s Walking The Path theme is inspired by the fourth Foundation of Mindfulness (in the Satipatthana Sutta). Although meditation is renowned for promoting tranquility and mental calmness, meditation is not passive. Investigative methods play a vital role in the skillful development of liberating insight. Specific instructions for examining the mind feature prominently in the core teachings of Satipatthana, and many early Buddhist teachings. This series of day longs will emphasize the development of a wise, dynamic, investigative approach to meditation. We will examine the quality of mind, and come to understand how we might meet life’s experiences free from suffering.
PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BE WILLING TO:
1. Maintain a daily meditation practice.
2. Participate in our monthly day-long meditation programs in Saratoga or Los Altos (9:30 am – 6:00 pm).
3. Have an individual consultation with the teacher 2-4 times during the year either in-person or on the telephone.
4. Participate in periodic discussion groups, most often during the last hour of each day-long program in Saratoga or Los Altos (5:00 – 6:00 pm).
Send registration fee of $140 made payable to ‘Bodhi-Retreats’ to Jennifer Dungan, 565 Anza St., Mountain View, CA 94041.
Also, include a note, or send a message to path describing:
1. How long you have been meditating & if you have attended either meditation retreats or IMSB’s Walking The Path previously.
2. Any particular motivation for participating in this program at this time, or anything you would like the teacher to know in advance.
3. Include your name and complete contact information: address, telephone, and e-mail address.
The registration fee is intended establish a commitment and facilitate our registration process. These funds will be used for IMSB retreat scholarships to help members with financial need deepen their practice at IMSB retreats.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME. Chairs are provided. Bring a cushion if you prefer to sit on the floor.
IMSB relies upon the generosity of participants to support our teachers and cover organizational expenses. Dana is a word in the ancient Pali language that describes donations, offerings and generosity. Two bowls will be available at an event to practice dana for the teacher and IMSB; we encourage you to give joyfully and generously, according to your resources and means. IMSB is a 501(c) (3) organization. All donations are tax deductible as permitted by law.