Seven Factors of Awakening – in Saratoga/San Jose
April 14, 2016 @ 7:15 pm - 9:00 pm
For the mind that values freedom.
These seven qualities offer an effective framework for cultivating the mind, overcoming the hindrances, and balancing the energetic and calming forces that develop in meditation. When cultivated and balanced, the mind is ripe for awakening. This series will explore each factor to reveal its importance, function, and role in the process of awakening.
- April 14 – Mindfulness with Janetti Marotta
- April 21 – Investigation with Sharon Allen
- April 28 – Effort and Energy with Bhikkhuni Sobhana
- May 5 – Joy with Fa Jun
- May 12 – Tranquility with Erik Swanson
- May 19 – Concentration with Margaret Gainer
- May 26 – Equipoise with Shaila Catherine
- June 2 – Deepening practice with Shaila Catherine
Read teacher biographies on our Teacher Page.
Everyone is welcome. Chairs are provided. Bring a cushion and mat if you prefer to sit on the wood floor.
IMSB relies upon the generosity of participants to support our teachers and cover organizational expenses. Dana is a word in the ancient Pali language that describes donations, offerings and generosity. Two bowls will be available at an event to practice dana for the teacher and IMSB; we encourage you to give joyfully and generously, according to your resources and means. IMSB is a 501(c) (3) organization. All donations are tax deductible as permitted by law.